We are a Full Service Design and Build Construction Company – we are registered, licensed, and fully insured. When you decide to do work with us, we maintain a step-by-step progress….
A new deck enhances outdoor living
Do you dream about relaxing in your own outdoor oasis? Have you always wanted a special place where you can enjoy a cool summer evening or soak up the sun? Innovation Construction, one of the best deck contractors on the South Shore can make your dream come true with a beautiful custom wood deck, vinyl or composite deck or porch.
A well-built deck or porch not only adds value to your MA home, but provides an extension to your living space and enhances your lifestyle. A deck or porch can add equity value up to 90% of its cost, and vastly increases the functionality and recreational possibilities of your South Shore home.
Get In Touch
Take a look at some of our deck projects:
Advantages of decks
- Decks are typically much easier and faster to build than other home remodeling projects
- A deck gives you the most space for the money you invest
- Properly built, a deck requires very little maintenance
- A backyard deck has less space limitations than a front deck area
- More backyard room allows the flexibility to create a fully customized deck design
Wood, Composite or Vinyl Decks?
Which decking option is best.
Nothing can compare with the beautiful natural look and feel of a wood deck. A quality wood with an attractive grain adds to the overall visual impact of your home. Nothing adds a customized look and a special elegance to your home like wood. A natural insulator, wood won’t absorb the heat of the sun as much as other materials.
The southern MA climate presents many challenges and extremes, but a properly maintained deck will resist winter cold & snow, and the intense sun and rain of summer.
A deck designed and built by Innovation Construction will stand up to the elements. With proper staining and sealing every 3-5 years, your wood deck will continue to look beautiful and will last for years.
Many varieties of wood are available for decking and will stand up well in the Massachusetts climate:
- Redwood has a beautiful warm color, long straight grain, & has excellent decay resistance
- Pine is available at low cost, and is pressure treated to resist insect damage & decay
- Cedar is durable, has a beautiful rich color, and is naturally rot & insect-resistant
A composite deck has lower maintenance than wood, comes in many shades and textures, and will stand up to the extreme weather of southeastern Massachusetts.
Innovation Construction Co. is a certified TrexPro® deck contractor.
Other Advantages of Composite Decking
- Composite decking is flexible & easy to install
- Composite decks don’t need to be painted, stained, or treated
- Composite decking is strong, durable, and resists moisture
- Composite decks won’t crack, decay, or decompose easily
- Composite decks are easy to keep clean and maintain
- Composite decking is safer, has smoother edges, no protruding nails, or splinters like wood
- Composite decks are available in many sizes, colors,& patterns; your deck can match the theme of your house
- Environmentally friendly composite decking is often made from recycled materials
Three season rooms or patio enclosures
Innovation Construction can expand your home improvement design to transform your deck into a three season room. By adding a roof and screens, your custom built deck becomes a three season room.
A roof will allow you to enjoy the cool spring breezes and hear the chirping of the birds without rain to spoil the experience.
Screens can protect you and your family from mosquitoes carrying Eastern Equine Encephalitis* and other pesky insects.
* Cases of EEE have occurred in southern MA, including Plymouth County, Bristol County, Barnstable County, and Norfolk County.
Getting started on your deck, patio, or porch
As one of the most experienced and best deck contractors and TrexPro® contractors serving the South Shore towns, we can customize your new living area to make sure it offers all you’ve been looking for. We will design your deck or porch with an eye to answering the following questions:
- Is it easily accessible from both the home and the yard?
- Is it close to your kitchen for outdoor cooking and entertaining?
- Will it have enough room for table and chairs with enough room left for people to move around easily?
- Does it have that “wow” factor? Will be a great place to have a cook-out or party?